transportation management & consultants ltd.
dedicated contract carriers:
Transportation Management & Consultants Ltd. utilizes different carriers for different lanes depending upon volume and the type of service requested. At the time of processing and setting up a carrier there are several variables that we look at prior to contract approval. Our policies mandate the company maintain these minimum standards.
• All carriers must have a min of $1,000,000.00 general liability insurance.
• All carriers must have a cargo policy of no less than $100,00.00 which shall include continued service upon reefer breakdown or equipment out of service issues, and certificates or issued to T.M.C. as the certificate holder along with the customer.
• All carriers must maintain a year 2004 or newer reefer unit and have air ride trailers for both box and flatbed equipment. All trailers must carry equipment (IE: straps, tarps and/or load locks) for securing product. All Reefers entering California must have California Air Resource Board compliant refrigeration unit.
• All carriers must maintain an above average SafeStat Score issued Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
• All carriers are requested to supply to us all service records from customers and/or references to verify services they have provided.
• All carriers must supply legal documents such as: MC number and license, Dot License, Bond (if Bonded), Insurance certificates, Fleet list and Id #s, state apportionment and permits, and a signed Dedicated Contract Carrier agreement between T.M.C. Ltd. and their company.
These are the top six things we look at before any carrier issued a lane. Note that in some instances, we require even more detailed information about their company. IE: Years in business, financials and so forth.